Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Musings


I take comfort in the winter landscape, seeing the cold, white sun cast a soft, golden glow on the barren trees that sway in the icy, frigid wind. I find solace in the fierce and bitter winds as they rush through the countryside, bringing tears to my stinging, squinting eyes as I rush
home, while cloud's shadows roll across dormant, frozen fields.

Home, a place of sanctuary with a warm, amber lit kitchen, the scent of apple candles and a steaming cup of tea, where rosy cheeked faces and wagging tails are always there to greet me. Yes, I find peace in the browns and grays of winter, the ground blanketed with snow, covering
and giving a well earned rest to the sweet plot of earth where I reside. I take comfort, for I too shall be at rest behind the solid walls of my country house, nestled deep, beneath my soft, warm covers, safely tucked away from winter's sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment