Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy new year!

Resolutions

I afraid I’ll have to resurrect last year's resolution, that is, to exercise and eat healthy, and
I know what to do, I just don't do it. Face it; it sucks to bust your butt on hourly walks,
pilates stretches, weight lifting and calorie counting. That's why, this year,
I am taking a different tack. I am not going to count calories, that only ensures instant,
insatiable hunger pains for me, I'm just not going to do it. For me, dieting is hard since
most people can cut out certain foods and lose weight. As a diabetic, I don't imbibe in alcohol,
or suck down sodas. I do not nosh on chips and fries or candy and donuts. There is nothing
for me to cut out, well, except butter. It is my one pleasure, my one decedent dab of deliciousness that I savor and enjoy. So, I will have to cut back on that. Make no mistake, I will have a smear now and then. Nevertheless, I know the which foods to eat, super foods, monounsaturated fats, colors of the rainbow yada yada, I'll just stick to them. At least I'll try. More importantly, I will have to exercise. Daily. So, if you talk to me, hold me accountable. Ask me how my exercise program is doing. Maybe, the humiliation of anyone finding out how lazy I am will force me to stick with it
Anyway, happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment