Tuesday, November 29, 2011

From the devotional: Jesus Calling

"LET ME INFUSE MY PEACE into your innermost being. As you sit quietly in the light of My Presence, you can sense Peace growing within you. This is not something that you accomplish through self-discipline and willpower; it is opening yourself to receive My blessing. In this age of independence, people find i hard to acknowledge their neediness. However, I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me: placing you in situations where your strengths were irrelevant and your weaknesses were glaringly evident. Through the aridity of those desert marches, I have drawn you closer and closer to My self. You have discovered flowers of Peace blossoming in the most desolate places. You have learned to thank Me for hard times and difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish my best work. You have realized that needing Me is the key to knowing Me intimately, which is the gift of all gifts."

This has been the hardest year of my life and I weep as I write. As the providence of God would have it, I turned almost hourly to Him, in despair and confusion, lost and anxious, becoming childlike, in need of constant care and attention.

Thankfully, my need for the Lord became a relationship, one where I could say: "Lord, I'm really disappointed that you are not answering my current prayer" or "Please, please Lord, just give me the strength to handle whatever comes my way" and "Help me find a coupon for this item I need for dinner!"

I have had moments where peace and joy literally bathed my being after prayer. I know he is real and I know he loves me infinitely. Best of all, I do have an intimate relationship with my Savior, which is the gifts of all gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment